Pages

Saturday 2 April 2016

Letter to Myself

Well it has certainly been awhile. This poor, neglected and forgotten about blog... Let's give this another shot! 

It is okay, you are enough, you're right where you need to be, you'll figure things out. These are all things I say to myself but probably need to remind myself of even more often. These things can relate to so many aspects of life... Pretty much everything in my life. For instance, with this whole blogging thing. I have no idea what I'm doing, and I have no idea what to write about most of the time. Between the fact that I'm a perfectionist, think I don't have any good ideas (and forget any that I do think may actually be good enough), and that I think no one is going to read it anyways, I got to a point of just kind of forgetting it and figured what's the point? So with that, I've come up with this: 

Letter to Myself (and anyone else who may need it),

Erica, remember this. It does not matter if it's not perfect and if no one reads this. Do it for yourself. Don't worry if an idea is good enough or not, just write what you feel like writing because it will be good enough. Do not care so much what other people think and don't worry that you're not a writer or a blogger, if you're doing this you can and are just those things. And if not, then just fake it till you make it (that's pretty much what you're doing anyways, and it is working out alright). All of this can apply, not only to this whole blogging thing, but also in the rest of life. Erica, things are okay. You're not going to be in school forever (maybe for awhile, but it won't be forever). You'll find what you're looking for, maybe not right this second, but it will all work out. Things will come as they may and you'll be ready for anything. You are good enough, you are doing just fine, everything will work out just how it's supposed to, you'll find your path in life! You've got this!! 
Sincerely, 
Erica
And on a side note, shout out to the awesome lady with the most adorable toddler that I encountered at work tonight, who was nice enough to randomly just give me some words of encouragement. She didn't know me or anything about me but she went out of her way to tell me that I was doing a good job and that there is still hope. ;) Thanks for being so nice and awesome, and capping off my night at work with your kind words that helped inspire this post and made me smile! 
Disclaimer: work was just fine tonight, I don't know what prompted this lady to say anything but it made a good night even better. So again, thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig