Pages

Monday 7 September 2015

Blogtember Day 1 (a week late)

Okay so one, I am already a week late to the game on this Blogtember challenge thing, and two, this is all new to me and I have never blogged before. I have no idea what I'm doing! Really stepping out of my comfort zone here and trying something new. To be honest, as I write this, I have yet to even set up a space for a blog. I have no blog name, and actually just no blog in general. I sort of feel like I started doing this all backwards, but hey at least I'll have something to post as soon as I have a blog up and running. And if you're reading this, then obviously setting up a blog was a success (YAY). I hope I can find interesting things to say, I mean I'm really not much of a writer. But hey it's a new month, a new school year, why not try giving new things a try. Although let's be honest, I'm not sure if this was even my choice at all! I was peer pressured into this whole blogging thing (out of love, apparently) by my best friend, Adrianna. But it is something I've thought about before and I do enjoy reading other people's blog as an outsider, so why not give it a shot and try jumping in with two feet, right?

I wouldn't feel right just starting a blog without first talking about myself and giving some sort of introduction... But really I hate talking about myself and I'm not sure why I even said I should talk about myself, I mean I don't want to sound egotistical. But introductions are totally normal, so on with that I will go...

Hello, my name is Erica.



I live in the beautiful country of Canada, and I'm a west coast kind of girl living just outside of Vancouver. I love so many things about where I live, the fact that I am free to roam and can hit up the beach and the mountains in the same day if I so pleased. I really am so lucky to have so many things to do at my fingertips, but sometimes I think I really need to get out there and appreciate it more. Not to say that I don't appreciate it, I mean at heart I'd like to think I'm a total nature girl. I feed off of sunsets and trees, clouds and the moon, and all the beauty of the outdoors. I just don't spend as much time outdoors as I probably should.



This summer I probably worked too much...not hard when you've got three employers! But hey, got to save up for a rainy day! Which is back, the rain, I mean! And it's very welcome back too... We're used to a lot of rain out here on the wet coast and this was one of the driest, hottest summers ever. The end of August brought about a huge, scary windstorm (just to remind us all not to mess with the power of Mother Nature) and then the rain started and it didn't  really stop until this weekend. And I'm not complaining one bit, torrential downpours... I was born ready for them! And for some reason I just gave you an entire weather report. I guess that something about me that maybe I myself am just realizing, I think I am fascinated by the weather. So there you go, the more you know.


A few more random things about me:

1. I can be really shy and quiet, but once I'm comfortable it can sometimes be hard for me to stop talking.
2. I ramble, and I'm sorry if I'm rambling.
3. I'm 24 years old and I still have two baby teeth. Yes, I do feel ripped off by the tooth fairy! 
4. I have four brothers.
5. I totally felt the spirit of Cory Monteith (RIP) after he died, and people think I'm crazy but I swear it's true.

I'm not really sure where this whole blogging journey will take me, but I must say writing this super random and all over the place kind of blog was sort of fun. I'm going to try my best to keep working at it and make it a habit...at least a few times a week. Hopefully this challenge can help me with that, since I'm already behind though I don't think I'll be doing every single prompt. Sorry to disappoint (I say more to myself than anyone, because so far I'm doubting anyone is going to want to read what I write).

Until I write again,
Erica
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig